Preventing suicide among people aged 14 and over: raising hope and estimating danger
THIS TRAINING IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN FRENCH
The training is divided into three stages:
(+/- 8 hours)
The participant should complete the entire training program within a maximum period of 6 months. Barring exceptions (e.g. prolonged absence), no participant should exceed 9 months to complete any stage of training. If the 9-month period is exceeded, the participant must restart the process from the beginning.
A period of around 4 months should separate the group training session led by a qualified trainer from the post-training follow-up in the group.
Approximatively 8 hours, free of charge
- Acquire the basic knowledge required to carry out a comprehensive intervention with a person considering suicide
- 3 completion scenarios (9 weeks, 4 weeks or 7 days)
- It is recommended to wait a minimum of 3 hours between each e-learning module
- The participant must have completed all e-learning modules before attending the group session led by a qualified trainer.
Group training session
7 hours, see rates bellow
- Deepen your knowledge by applying the skills acquired in the online self-learning modules.
** All trainers are trained by the Centre de recherche appliquée en intervention psychosociale (CRAIP).**
Post-training follow up
3,5 hours, see rates bellow
- Consolidate what you’ve learned by transferring it to your professional practice.
Terms and conditions
This training course has been adapted for several clienteles. A discussion with a member of our training team will enable you to determine the most suitable variation for your team:
- Online self-study modules conclude with a skills self-assessment exercise. They do not include an assessment of the participant’s prior learning.
- The participant receives confirmation of completion of the online self-study modules. This confirmation is used to access the group training session led by a qualified trainer.
- The facilitator receives a training certificate following the group training session led by a qualified trainer. With this certificate, the facilitator is considered qualified to assess the dangerousness of a suicidal act. The training course is deemed to have been successfully completed, and the practitioner can use the suicidal act assessment grid.
Our rates for the Preventing suicide among people aged 14 and over :
This training is only available in french
- From the 1st of January 2024, to the 31st of March 2024 : 1934,56$
- From the 1st of April 2024 to the 31st of March 2025 : 1574,71$
Rates are indicative and subject to change.